Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Meet The Voorholes! (2013-06)



Meet The Voorholes! (2013-06)
A recording project by Matthew P. Klimek





‘The Rip Van Winkle Syndrome’
The Voorholes 2013

This song just hit the right objective, I kept feeding tracks onto it.
Something of a Jazz - Funk feel to it, I thought of  Rip Van Winkle.




‘An Idiot Barely In Love’
The Voorholes 2013

The Kaaterskill Falls are one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the eastern United States.
In this video, the vehicle in front of me pulls over at the narrow side of the NY State Route 23A hairpin, it is in front of the lower falls. At the same time, I too stop my car to let my mother out to see the falls without walking from the overlook that is uphill from there. Although my mom didn't climb to the 260 foot upper falls, she did enjoy the water.

The song has nothing to do with my mother, 
I wanted a semi reflective composition that would be fun to watch.

-See ‘Sublime Landscape Approach’ two videos down.-



‘Characters In The Story’
The Voorholes 2013

This is actually part of the Wikipedia entry from Rip Van Winkle.



‘Sublime Landscape Approach’
The Voorholes 2013

This is the first time I actually walked behind the veil of the upper Kaaterskill Fall.
The best advice for exploring in here is to climb up to steep grade to the sheer wall, the water as it falls throughout time erodes a very accessible path that enables a level panoramic walk-around.
Climb in a diagonal direction away from the falls on the east side, it appears to be the path of least resistance.



‘The Light on The Ridge’
The Voorholes 2013

I didn't have too much in mind here other than the sound.



‘Thought Extraction’
The Voorholes 2013

I thought it was clever, it sounds like thoughts being removed.




‘One Foot Is Reacting Different Than the Other (Non-Assurance)’
The Voorholes 2013

My life style is dependent upon staying physically fit.
Lately, I have noticed a slight numbness in one foot hat concerns me.





‘Sitting In A Chair’
The Voorholes 2013

It sounds detached however, it is the drivers seat.




‘Different From Today’
The Voorholes 2013

Aaannnd......that's how it came out.



‘Any Reason Not To Return Home’
The Voorholes 2013

I don't want to.




‘Once Upon A Tide Not So Far’
The Voorholes 2013

I like it when I record over 10 minutes, my record is over 13 and 1/2 minutes.



‘Epic Wonderings Astray:
a- That of Which I Am
b- Gently Undone’
The Voorholes 2013

NY State Route 23A is one of the most scenic routes in New York State.
Lexington, New York is situated on Schoharie Creek and is one of my favorite Catskill locations.



‘Where Will I Be (After The Storm)’
The Voorholes 2013

This is the newest song on the album.
I started recording at 23:00 Monday and,
I recorded this 3rd song of the set at about 09:00 Tuesday. 



This is the first album that I have recorded by a name other than MPK (band).
Similar to all of the previous albums, I used headphones when mixing the audio.
Mostly, I have had the opportunity to play a musical instrument
and record it to a computer at any time; night or day.

Recently, the whole concept seemed  more detached than ever as I was unable to sit here and compose much music compared to months before.
I decided to record under a different name and use that pretense to throw anything into, regardless.
 Overall, I think it is a step up.